In our terms and conditions that all piano students sign when starting lessons, it states that we do not reschedule piano lessons. This includes swapping lessons. If you are wondering why we have this condition, here is some information:
- Each student receives a weekly slot for lesson. Our teachers all work on different days and some travel a long way to give your lesson so they are not available on days other than when they are scheduled to work in the studio.
- If you are unable to attend, the teacher will still be paid for that lesson as their teaching hours are fixed for each half-term by the number of students on their roster. If they were to teach you again later during the week, then this would be an additional lesson that would incur the usual lesson fee. We cannot adjust the next invoice to remove the missed lesson’s fee as your teacher will have already been paid for this lesson.
- Even with plenty of notice, we are unable to administer requests for lesson swaps or reschedules. To reschedule just one lesson could lead to a series of complex timetable swaps and multiple emails to secure a change of time. As you can appreciate, with over 100 students, this would be a heavy administrative burden that would not be sustainable for a small business.
- Our piano teaching studio offers a well-planned weekly lesson that is supplemented by termly performance opportunities, school trips and graded exams. By keeping a fixed weekly lesson schedule, we can use our time to plan the extra-curricular schedule which goes above and beyond what other piano teachers offer. All of our teachers are involved in the Dulwich Music Festival which provides termly performance opportunities for pianists of all levels from beginner to advanced.
- We do not share contact details of students/parents as they have not consented to receive emails from other students/parents nor are we able to implement this service.
We include the terms and conditions on every email communication and these are also readily viewable online on our web site Fees page. All students sign this document before starting lessons.
We thank you for your cooperation in the smooth running of the piano teaching studio!