Here are some resources to help you prepare for Trinity exams. Please note that theory exams are taken with ABRSM.
All students will need:
- A pieces & Exercises Book
- A scales book
- An aural book
- Theory Book & Test Papers
Practice the aural tests weekly (small monthly subscription fee):
Also see videos below for sample Grade 1 & Grade 6 aural tests.
Pieces & Scale book Grades 1 to 5
Theory Book 1, Book 2 (must be completed before starting Initial piano)
Theory Book 3 to use alongside learning the Initial exam requirements
Aural Grades 1 to 5
Initial to Grade 5: Musical Knowledge (please print both sections and bring to your lesson)
- Musical Knowledge parameters
- Musical Knowledge guidance
- Print our Musical Knowledge Quiz and see how many you can answer. Bring to your next lesson.
Print this Form that you will have been emailed (or received by post if you did a postal entry). Bring the form to your teacher to fill in if assistance is required.
MUSICAL KNOWLEDGE SAMPLE QUESTIONS: