Online Graded Exams
All exams will take place digitally until further notice. Your teacher will inform you in the emailed Teaching Notes if you are being prepared to enter the exam by the end of this half-term. You can also contact Trinity if you require further assistance for an issue not listed below.
Here is what you will need to record at home and send to Trinity in one unedited take:
Record in any order that you like but the pieces must be played in the order listed on the submission form (link below).
3 pieces played fluently with all dynamics ~ nb we advise using a well-tuned piano for this if possible. Please get your piano tuned before the exam. We recommend these tuners:
Robert Parr ~ 07952 411156
AMH Pianos ~ https://www.tuningpianos.co.uk ~ 07385 124917
See here for recordings of the 2021-2023 graded pieces but the 2018-2020 syllabus can also be submitted.
2 Exercises (choose your 2 favourites)
A selection of scales (See this document for details of which to prepare). We advise on announcing the name of each scale and the dynamic on the video performance.
What you need to do next:
- Select your pieces from the relevant syllabus
- Select your technical work group
- Download and complete your submission and information form in MS Word or PDF format
- Take photos or scan your pieces (if necessary – please see the guidance document)
- Watch the Filming Guide video and check the Filming Guidance document for video requirements. Piano candidates should also read Piano Requirements document.
- Enter online here: https://www.trinityrock.com/enter