You would not believe how often parents of students email me to ask me if they have a lesson this week. As a small business, my policy is never to respond to emails asking for information that has been provided via multiple different channels as we simply do not have the resources to spend our admin time like this. We do not have a full-time administrator and we always inform students of term dates via these following methods as do all other schools so we do not feel that it is a reasonable question for parents to ask us.
- Our Web site homepage has the term dates. It even has a snazzy little graphic too!
- Every invoice has the term dates on it so when you pay, we inform you exactly what dates you will be attending a lesson.
- If you are a new student, you will receive an email with the term dates in it.
- We ask all students to sign up to our group newsletter as we cannot sign you up for this due to GDPR reasons. You have to opt in. If you sign up to this, you will be emailed no more than twice a half-term but every single email will contain the term dates.
- And finally – should you email our Gmail, the auto reply contains term dates and also lets you know we do not respond to emails requesting this information.
So before you email us to ask for term dates, do have a think about whether you could find this information anywhere else in our various communications or our web site which is well-maintained. Take a moment to read the auto-reply to your email and please do not send us more emails asking the same information! Thank you in advance for your cooperation in the smooth running of the piano school.