Day: Sunday 23 November.
Time: 9.45am – 5pm
Venue: Cecil Sharp House, London. Nearest tube: Camden Town.
A One-Day event for piano teachers although pianists and students are welcome too. The workshop is sponsored by Casio and a range of their digital pianos will be available on the day.
Last Minute Ticket Offer: £35 for the full day.
1) Group Introduction & Welcome. Brief overview of the Casio range of digital pianos that are provided for use throughout the day.
2 & 3) Masterclasses with Tim Barratt and Graham Fitch (See agenda below).
4) Running an Effective Piano Studio with Lorraine Liyanage & Frances Wilson.
– Writing watertight Terms and Conditions for lessons. All teachers are invited to submit their Terms and Conditions at the time of registration so we can share these with the other participants if you agree to this. It would be useful to compare and contrast the varying terms that teachers offer.
– Organising and maintaining a Waiting List.
– Having an Online Presence and Using Social Media.
5) Informal performance opportunity
Those teachers/pianists/students that wish to perform may bring along a short piece to play at the closing session of the day. There will be the chance during the day to practice during break times.